BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My fear of success

I was reading a blog the other day... you can find her here: www.lunarmusings.typepad.com I am not even sure how I found her. But I read, and I scrolled down. And one of her posts really grabbed me. It was about how she holds herself back. She gets tied up in the money of it, and it takes away from the creativity.

Well, I am very good at pulling my own truth out of things. And this post reminds me of a journal entry I had written a few years ago. It was all about how I am afraid of success. I have no fear of failure whatsoever... I know how to do that very well. But it's the success that is crippling.

Even the smallest of tasks... cleaning my house, for example, I clean and clean, doing a damn good job. But say 2 steps from completion, I just call it done. I have noticed this in many aspects of my life. I go to write a letter, then I don't mail it... I start a painting and there it sits, waiting for the final touches, or even just the signature.

So... my goal for the next month. From today, July 29 to August 29, I will finish projects. Furthermore... I will not shy away from *starting* projects out of fear of finishing them. Yep, that's my pledge. I will post my progress on this, possibly stating new goals as I go.

3 comments:

Geoff Schutt said...

Dear Robyn,

Eleanor and I offer our thoughts of strength and creativity during this next month.

You can first make the impossible -- improbable, and then, as the next step, make the improbable -- "happen." (One step at a time.)

SO -- let the magic begin!

Geoff (and Eleanor)
from "This Side of Paradise"

Robynsart said...

Thank you Geoff, and Eleanor!! Thank you for reading my blog. I was feeling a little lonely over here in my corner. So, since you are here, I'll put on a pot of tea and we'll prepare for the moon-watching tonight. And while we smell the wonderful tea, I'm sure we can drink something stronger.
:-)))

Geoff Schutt said...

A new month, a new moon, and plenty of opportunity to create. They say we have to "make our own luck." No one else can write what you write, or paint what you paint.

To continued creativity, Robyn, and also to a cup of that tea -- as well as the "something stronger!"

Geoff & Eleanor, on your side, always

Related Posts with Thumbnails