BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Damn Flu!

In the Pacific Northwest right now you are damn lucky if you haven't had this latest flu bug... and it's a doozy! I am not in the habit of saying doozy, just the only word that came to mind ;-). I had it for 2 weeks... two entire weeks out of my life. The first five days I slept for 18-20 hours a day. Then I returned to work, thinking it was over... my fever had broken two or three different times in that first five days. When I returned to work, I spoke to several people that told me that this bug is pretty much a two week minimum. And they were not kidding! I ended up taking another day off somewhere in the middle there, and cutting out early a couple of days, but mostly I put in all the awful work hours.

The thing that really bothered me during that two weeks was the fact that my dreams were vivid-- perhaps due to the fever?-- but I had no energy to commit anything to canvas. I wanted to paint so bad, but could not muster up the energy. I had so many visions wanting to be depicted, and I just had to hope they would wait. Well... for the most part, they stuck with me, patiently waiting to be applied to canvas. Thank goodness for the spirit's want to survive.

It occurs to me, though, after this... that there are so many creative endeavours inside of me, just waiting to be let out. There's the novel, waiting so patiently to be finished... the poetry that is just yearning to be published... not to mention the countless paintings and collages just wriggling away in my psyche. And, with the last of the flu out of my system, I am living life and enjoying every moment, feeling great. Spring is a time of renewal, and this gave me mine.... I am a whirlwind of activity and it feels amazing!!

P.S. I think GG is coming down with the flu... please send her healing thoughts.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails