BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I work too much!!!

I am lucky enough to work for an employer who does not complain too very much when I get overtime. And in today's economy, that is such a great thing financially. However, I do get sucked into that trap. That trap where I get used to the paychecks showing 55+ hours a week. Then, everything less really seems like less. I am grateful for my job and my large paychecks. I do, however, wish that I had more time to commit to art. And to researching venues and promoting my work.

This week it has been especially tough. I've not been getting enough sleep due to husband's pain in his toe. And, when I'm not working I am taking care of the house, changing bandages, cooking, etc. And that's just one of those roadblocks that I must persevere.

I am compiling a list of things to do to further my art... and eventually things will settle down so I can get to all of them. In the meantime, I can do what I can do.

This week in the Artist's Way, it's all about protection... (not sure if I mentioned before that GG and I are doing the Artist's Way together). And a large part of this chapter is about being a workaholic... that really hit me. I am going to begin some real soul searching... and see what I can do to fix that situation. Money is going to be the biggest barrier. I will do what I can... I am so aware of the problem, and that is the first step.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails