1. My favorite art medium is vintage altered journals. I have been creating my Bettie Page, Audrey Hepburn and Victorian journal lines for the last 9 months.
2. In order to alleviate my everyday stresses from teaching, I began frantically collaging and gluing everything in site to the mass stack of journals I had sitting around in my office.
3. My inspiration for this type of art began once I started rummaging through boxes of ancestory photos and my grandfather's WWI letters. I wanted a way to preserve these memories for the rest of my family. Now, I have shifted my focus to Bettie Page, Audrey Hepburn and French Erotica. I suppose that taps on my alter ego, the sassy, spunky side of Divadiaries.
4. I began my Etsy shop just 3 weeks ago.
5. In 5 years, I anticipate I will have a dual career that combines my day job of teaching and allows time after hours for creating altered journals.
6. Gaining exposure and marketing seem to be the most challenging aspects with an online business.
7. I am so new to online selling that I am unable to determine what are the most rewarding features to this type of business.
8. I am a full time teacher with a part time interest in altered journals. This last summer, however, I created journals like there was no tomorrow. At the end of the day, my fingers were glued together and my hands felt like they had been run over by a semi truck.
9. My favorite recreational sports are snorkeling, running, and yoga. Writing poetry is another interest of mine.
10. I hope to one day set up my own website. For now, I just dream about the possibilites for Divadiaries.net....