BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Take a chance

Man, it's cold outside! Not as cold as in this snow picture from last year, but it seems like it's getting there. I'm ready for the snow. So ready.

Yesterday at work, I listed out all the things I needed to do last night, prioritized them, and estimated how much time each task would take. I went home with over 3 hours of work ahead of me. Somehow that energized me, and I got each item done way faster than I had anticipated. I ran into one snag, but rolled with it and moved on. Tonight will be more of the same.

My craft show is Friday night and Saturday. I will rest on Sunday. I am about 90% ready for the show. And I'm about 95% ready for it to be over! I have had a lot of anxiety about this show. Wondering how my photography will be received in my local area. Wondering if I will make any sales. Wondering if my table display will be adequate. So many questions. And I will find my answers within the next couple of days.

When asked to do this show, my initial response was Yes! Then, however, I freaked out. All of my insecurities bubbled to the surface. I wanted to run, screaming into the hills. Dramatic much? Perhaps. But it's easier to NOT follow our dreams. It's so much easier to pull back into the corner and watch life pass by. I made a choice with this show. Put myself out there. Become an active participant in attaining my dreams.

Setting myself up for disappointment? No, because I'm already involved in this. I am doing the work, and putting myself out there. Rejection is a possibility, I assume. But it's not about that anymore. It's about ME believing in myself enough to dive right in.

Baby steps. This will be one of millions....

5 comments:

Theresa said...

You are going to do GREAT! I'm so proud of you for taking this step and believing in yourself! You're my hero, and I have complete faith in you!

*hugs*

Unknown said...

You will do fantastic at this show. You have worked so hard at being prepared! Just remember to hand out cards to *everyone* and let them know they can find you and order online. I'm sure you'll get a lot of follow-up business too!

designsbykari said...

I'm proud of you for putting yourself "out there". Really, look how well you've done on Etsy, maybe we aren't from your local area, but we see value in your work and I personally love it and have been back many times. You'll do wonderful!

Sandy said...

my thoughts are this.... you already are a photographer- you actively sell and have repeat customers, right? You are worrying about things that are out of your control( I speak from experience) and you are going to make yourself sick. If you love to take pictures, that's what it's all about. Dont measure your talent or success on what others think or do. I think, NO I KNOW, you are a talented photographer who loves what she does!!! All the best this weekend! xo

ardee said...

Your work is fabulous and you're going to knock them dead!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails