BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back to Basics


In a thread I'm in on Etsy, I issued a challenge yesterday. I called it the "back to basics challenge". The above photo is one of the coptic stitch journals I made for the challenge. When I first started bookbinding, I learned the coptic stitch. It was my bread and butter for well over a year.

Then I began making leather bound journals, with stab binding, and I never looked back. There seemed to be a market for them, they took less time, and I found my groove with them. But lately, I've been feeling like I need to return to basics. Like I need to remember what it was about bookbinding that drew me in.

So, I went back to basics and it taught me a lot about myself. Soon, I will go back to basics with Buddhism. To return to the path that I started on in 2002. I am on a quest. A quest to remember why I am now where I am.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the journal, love the challenge, and love the quest! So often we forget who we are and where we came from. We get so caught up in the day to day that we forget to remember what got us to where we are now. All of our trials and experiences have made us who we are today, and getting back to the first thing we created can rekindle our passion for creating! After all, we started doing it because we loved it, right?

*hugs*

Crystal said...

(((((((ROBYN))))))))
Thanks so much for the challenge. Remember, you are such an inspiration to others!

Unknown said...

Great journal! I love the black coptic stitched one I got from you. I plan to work on my challenge creation soon too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails