BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Tenderhearted


Yesterday, I felt weepy throughout the day. It was a reaction to stress. On the way home, I heard a heartwarming story on the radio, and the tears flowed. In the morning, I read about a group that posts 'love bombs' in the comments on blogs and felt like crying. So much love in this world. So much that a lot of people are unaware of.

Anyway... last week I was weepy, and I blamed it on PMS. I can't blame it on that this week. I'm wondering if this is just what is for me. I've evolved into a weepy, tenderhearted girl? That doesn't bode well for my job. I work around truck drivers and I have to be tough.

I've found myself over compensating at work, by acting much tougher. I need to find the space for the tenderness to be. I need to figure out how to assimilate it into my life. I am really struggling with it. I've always been the stoic one. But Dad's death changed me. And that's ok. I can be tender now, I won't fight it. But I do need to figure out how to fit it in. Why do we always make things so tough on ourselves?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

((((SIS))))

Its not always us making it hard on ourselves, and we need to remember that and not take all the blame. There are many, many aspects of our lives that we just have to deal with... like the crazymakers at our workplace, the horrible news on the tv, the homeless person that we pass on the street. We can try to view them all from a different angle in order to deal with them better, but we cannot change them. Being tender is a good thing. It means you're in touch with your feelings and the atmosphere around you. Learning when and where to be tender can be tricky, though. Watch for the things that make you feel like crying, and try to avoid them, or look at them from a different angle. Is there a silver lining? I have to live my life searching for the silver lining because if I didn't, I would cry all the time.

*hugs*

Crystal said...

((((((((((ROBYN)))))))))))

Unknown said...

(((robyn)))
I'm struggling with mostly being stoic but then the flood dams break and I'm super tender...I know I have control issues and need to find balance and be able to stand comfortably in the middle of what seem to be extremes.
I appreciate your ability to be introspective--it makes you the person you are!

giggles'N' rainbows said...

((((Robyn))))

It's hard sometimes. As you said to me a couple of days ago..."It's not a bad thing to cry"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails