BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crisp Clean air After a Storm

You know how right after a rainstorm, the air smells so good? It seems charged with positive energy and all is right? Especially a daytime rainstorm where the sun comes out afterwards.

I think that so often, during the storms in our life, we forget how it will feel after. Rain is necessary to make things grow. Adversity is necessary to make us grow. I have always said that I have no regrets in life... because every single thing that has happened to me has made me the person I am today.

Life seems to have so many ups and downs. And all we can control is how we react. I, for instance, am not a confrontational person, and I am a sponge for negativity. I have learned though, how to handle situations where I deal with people respectfully (while keeping them at a distance), and let their negative vibes go right on by. That's a daily lesson for me. Sometimes I pull it off, sometimes I don't. But I'm working on it.

All I have to remember is that no matter what choices I make, I have to live with myself. I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

MrsHull said...

Robyn, very inspirational post. I often forget about the coming calm when I'm in the midst of the storm. Thank you for reminding us all to hang in there.

Theresa said...

You and I are so much alike! I love the fact that I can be a sponge of positive energy from you! You are my breath of fresh air, and I thank you for pointing out all of the wonderful things in life that I need to be reminded of.

Christie Cottage said...

Water off a ducks back!

It's the only way to be! If we let others negativetivity absorb us, we will sour like an old sponge.

Have a wonderful day and that is a beautiful photograph!

Related Posts with Thumbnails