BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am driven

I have posted this photo before, but I just love it so much, I wanted to share it again. That's me with my wonderful dad! I was talking to dad last night (it had been way too long, I get so caught up in life), and I always learn so much about myself when talking to him!

A friend told me last week "you know, your ears can hear what your mouth says". And guess what I heard my mouth say last night?? I said, to my dad, "you know, I'm so driven, that it's very hard for me to accept when others aren't." Laziness is a quality that does not set well with me. But, I do know people who are not driven whatsoever. Ok, Robyn, so what?? It's time to move on. I am not going to install a chip in them to give them motivation, so I need to stop letting it affect me.

And Dad, yes, I'm very driven. But it's alright, because I do a lot of self-care as well. I go to bed early, since I get up early. I eat well, I stay hydrated. I just try to stay on top of the millions of ideas whirring in my soul. And yesterday, I took a nap. It was glorious!

I am rambling a bit here. But, as usual, my mind is going into overdrive, and it's not even 5am.

Please go here to see a feature about me, and enter my giveaway!

And while you're here... please leave me a comment. Either about my post or what YOU do to stay motivated

3 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Wow! I love the photo!!! I see LOVE in it!. That was motivation for me this morning!

I miss my Dad. I am glad you have yours and can enjoy talking with him.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture.

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Aw, what a great pic, Robyn! Believe it or not, my friends here on Etsy have been my motivation more than anything else in my life. Every time I feel unmotivated or down, I pop into the threads and you all make me feel better in seconds! I have better friends on Etsy than I have ever had, and for that, I am thankful.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn! I'm so glad you got to know your dad and have him now. I have no idea how hard it was for you to grow up without him, but I can only imagine how hard it must of been since it is so hard for me to be so far away from both of my parents.
I know you don't follow the christian beliefs anymore, but I tell you I would never have believed it either if my life hadn't changed so much the day I prayed for Christ to enter my life. I surrendered all to Jesus and it sounds crazy and religious, but it is the most joyful, wonderful thing I've ever experienced. I get my motivation and inspiration from the Bible and God shows me some of coolest things through his word and prayer. I am who I am because of HIM! My favorite Bible verse is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5
I prayed to God to show me the truth behind that verse and he did. Jesus is Lord of my Life and I'm not ashamed to declare it!!
Sometimes you have to get back to the basics and look at the simplest of things or even the craziest sounding things to get inspiration/motivation (like David and Goliath for example):-).

Love you!
Melynda

Related Posts with Thumbnails