BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Seeking New

I have been seeking out new things lately. Seeking organization, patterns, routine. Yet, at the same time, seeking a way to be more random in my art. About a month ago, I was asked to make a custom journal. No problem, I told her and asked what she had in mind. She told me the specifics. And one of her requests was to put fuzzy strings on the binding. And I could picture exactly what she meant. Like, tons of these fuzzy strings, a few inches long, loose, hanging there. And my mind fought and fought me as I did it. In the end, it had order, it looked neat. And it wasn't what I was going for.

So this week, in my friendship journal, I will be getting out the crayons. I will be meditating and trying to get in touch with that inner child. The one that's never really been allowed to play.

I'm doing my friendship journal with 2 online friends. Each journal has 6 signatures, so we have 3 journals out there, and we each fill in 2 signatures on each one, then pass it along to the next on a certain schedule. A signature is a group of pages, by the way. We will end up with the journal we started with. So far, each one is at person #2. I can NOT begin to tell you what a bonding experience it has been. I know beyond any shadows of doubt that I have made friends for life with these 2 lovely women. And I know that before it's all over, we will laugh, we will cry, we will play, and we will pour out our souls through these books.

And who knows, perhaps there will be another set down the road :-)



1 comments:

pinkrosesglass said...

I would love to do a friendship journal! That sounds like so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails