BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Taking a Leap

Yesterday my best friend popped in to visit me at work. She came to see me on a mission. A mission for me to submit my photography to a local gallery.

I was oil painting a few years ago, and had taken my work there. The reception was cold. I left that experience pretty badly bruised. But apparently a lot of things have changed about this gallery and as she was talking I realized that I really want to be a part of it.

When you are an artist, seeking out a gallery, it's a total catch-22. Galleries won't generally accept you unless you've been in other galleries. Unless you are totally established as an artist. Unless they know your name. It makes for a very frustrating experience. She assured me that they are wanting to work with amateurs... they are helpful and encouraging.

I may be able to pick up an application for the gallery tomorrow. Otherwise, definitely Saturday. At this point, the worst thing that will happen is they won't accept me. But I will know that I tried.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Robyn, I hope things go well and i wish you the best of luck. I'll be sending you good vibes!!!

Amy V. said...

Good for you! Good luck!

One thing that may help getting into galleries is to try displaying at coffee shops and small places like that, so you have a few "showings" under your belt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails