BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Be your Own Anchor

I am finding more and more, that I have to be my own anchor. Yes, there are supports around me, but if I have self doubt, I will crumble regardless of who else is holding me up. I am also discovering that the more sure I am of my path, the more headstrong certain people in my life are about throwing obstacles in my way.

In The Artist's Way, the author, Julia Cameron, refers to these people as crazy-makers. And I'm finding that the stronger I become, the stronger they try to be. No problem. I am ready.

We are embarking on Thanksgiving... and for the first year of my life, I'm not having a Thanksgiving meal. I'm doing nothing really to mark the day. Partially because I'm wiping the slate clean to start new traditions next year, but more because it is always a LOT of hard work. When I was a child, I helped the women prepare the meal. I helped them put food away, and clean up. Hours and hours of prep. Less than an hour of everyone eating. Then more hours of cleaning. I'm sure the men were thankful. But I was not.

I also don't really understand ONE day to be thankful. I'm thankful almost every day. I have MUCH to be thankful for, and I can see it all clearly. So, that being said, Happy Thanksgiving from me. I am thankful for each and every one of you who reads my blog... who comments, who touches my life in some way.

I will be blogging through the week, on my usual schedule. Dad... take it easy tomorrow... don't overdo!

If any of you are confronting crazy-makers, do you have any fool-proof tactics that work for you?

6 comments:

Jen's Pens said...

Right on! I often think about things like this!

Theresa said...

Hooray for wiping the slate clean, for starting new traditions, and for not letting the crazymakers get you! You are my rock, sis, and I have complete and utter faith in you.

*hugs*

Karnival of Krafts said...

There comes a time in life to wipe the slate clean. I am at that cross road, too. Thanks for being the one to say it!

Unknown said...

I think simply acknowledging (internally or outwardly) that the crazy-makers are indeed just that is the most effective way to deal with them. Learning who they are and how they effect you gives you the first tools in staving them off.

Happy Thanksgiving! May it be a peaceful one. :)

KanYoFuse said...

Great post. The first task is to identify the crazy-makers and realize that they are not always in human form. Pause, breathe, assess, center, and put your shields on high. Have a great day.

giggles'N' rainbows said...

You certainly hit the nail on the head with this one. It is a lot of work, hours of hard work...while the men watch TV...!
As far as the crazy makers go, I have several in my life too. They go out of their way to find things to keep me so busy there is no time left for self expression.

Related Posts with Thumbnails