BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Treading Water

I've often said that I'm addicted to busy-ness. I had a lightbulb moment yesterday. I definitely am addicted to being busy, but many times, I'm simply busy treading water. Very busy keeping my head above water, but no forward motion whatsoever.

So, in the next few weeks, I'll be working on moving forward. I'll be prioritizing, and charting my path. One of my favorite songs by a band called Floater, has the following lyrics:

And what will they say when you're gone?
That you conquered?
That you burned like a rocket from the womb to the world...
and you ran with the colors and your flags unfurled...
and you ignited everything like a gasoline rain?

The song is called Endless I, and I encourage you to find it and listen to it. Beautiful stuff. But, as part of my lightbulb moment, that verse played in my head. I've always identified as an author, but I've not been working towards that.

So this coming year, I will be re-prioritizing and refocusing. The book will be in the forefront of my mind, as will my dreams of being a travel photographer.

Busy is good. Treading water is exhausting. If you are not moving forward, take a moment to breathe and rest, then get moving forward...

4 comments:

Theresa said...

You are such an inspiration! Such motivation and direction...I can only hope to learn as much as I can from you. I'm so proud of you, and I can't wait to witness your accomplishments!

*hugs*

giggles'N' rainbows said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes. I too want to move forward, but haven't a clue where to start. What I can say with confidence is that you would make a wonderful writer; you are so talented, your words truly inspire me.
Thank you!
gloria

designsbykari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
designsbykari said...

Agreed. Very inspirational Robyn. Good luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails