BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Farming and Life.

I took this photo last weekend at a local farm. Luscher Farms is an amazing farm in my area that is also a CSA... CSA is Community Supported Agriculture. You can buy "shares", plus sign up for a few work shifts, and each time they harvest, you come pick up your part of it. It's an amazing concept, and one that I think helps to tie a community together.

I've been thinking alot about farming this morning. I think just about every aspect of it applies to life. You plant what you'd like to sow. You fertilize and water, you weed out the bad, and you harvest the wonderful, amazing gifts.

Same with relationships. Same with children. Same with artistic endeavors, work, and goals. Nothing amazing to harvest? Think back to what you planted. Didn't plant? Nothing to harvest. Didn't fertilize or water? Nothing again. Forgot to weed? Guess what choked out your crop.

Unfortunately, I haven't literally planted any crops to harvest since I was a child, perhaps I will have a window or balcony garden next year. But I'm fully realizing how all the steps apply to life. It all ties in to being mindful. Mindful of the results and reasoning for each and every step.

I've been planting seeds towards a goal for quite awhile. My "crop" (as it were), started growing last week. And the work doesn't stop there...

just something to ponder....

4 comments:

designsbykari said...

Wow! A brilliant comparison.

I love the idea of a community farm. Teaches you that what you get is relative to what you put in. Truly eye opening.

KanYoFuse said...

Great post Robyn. Have a great day. Looks like the crops won't need to be watered. : )

Lucky Girl said...

Nice comparison! It made me think about how we deal with the unexpected, like a flood wiping out an entire planting, and whether we find the strength to replant or simply stand and cry about the mud. I've got to go replant now....

Unknown said...

Very nice Robyn. I've been working on 'my farm' a lot lately too. I wish you a plentiful harvest!

Related Posts with Thumbnails